R¥, Apr 20, 2020
A study group for Hacking: The Art of Exploitation, 2nd Edition by Jon Erickson. The goal of the group is to help each other stay motivated and understand the material.
Work through one chapter a week, with exceptions during week one and week six which will also cover introduction and conclusion chapters.
- April 26 - May 2, Chapters 0x100: Introduction and 0x200: Programming
- May 3 - May 9, Chapter 0x300: Exploitation
- May 10 - May 16, Chapter 0x400: Networking
- May 17 - May 23, Chapter 0x500: Shellcode
- May 24 - May 30, Chapter 0x600: Countermeasures
- May 31 - June 6, Chapters 0x700: Cryptography and 0x800: Conclusion
Questions and discussions will occur in two places:
Live chat via the Matrix room #TheJoeysStudy:hackers.town.
Threaded discussions via the Fediverse group @TheJoeysStudy@gup.pe.
- Hacking: The Art of Exploitation, 2nd edition
- Live CD, available from NoStarch
- A PC capable of virtualization
- VirtualBox or an alternative hypervisor